DWP Data Interfaces
iStandUK is a member of the DWP’s Business Design Forum, where data sharing opportunities are put forward, and re-usable standards and infrastructure are considered. We develop and enhance a number of XML Schemas for the DWP to use to transfer data between themselves and local authorities.
XML Schemas include:
- ATLAS – data from DWP to support Local Authorities as they manage applications for Housing Benefits. The data describes claimants, their circumstances, and awards of nationally administered welfare benefits.
- UC-CTR – Data from Universal Credits to support Local Authorities as they manage Local Council Tax Rebate. The data describes a household, their circumstances, and the components of an award of Universal Credit.
- Debt Management Interface – transactions between the DWP and Local Authorities to refer debts arising from Housing Benefits to be recovered against entitlement for Universal Credits
19th January 2016:
- The Atlas schema has been amended to version 4.02 to cater for ‘New State Pension’.
- The UC-CTR schema has been developed to version 2.04. The DWP will launch the data service for Local Authorities, using this schema, during January 2016.
- The Debt Management Interface schema has been developed to version 1.00. The DWP will enable Local Authorities to refer debts of Housing Benefits to be recovered from Universal Credits, from April 2016.